05 Feb 17
Surrey Smashers will travel west to Bristol Jets on Monday evening in their final match-night of the 2016/17 AJ Bell National Badminton League season.
Surrey Smashers is the brand new, Guildford-based National Badminton League (NBL) side competing in the first ever 2014/15 NBL season.
Smashers bring some of the world's top badminton talents to Surrey and Surrey Sports Park for the first time.
1. To offer the ultimate badminton athlete experience
2. To develop badminton from participation level to elite level with the University of Surrey
3. To provide a world-class spectator experience for badminton
4. To ensure links with the top regional and national badminton clubs
5. To develop and nurture badminton talent
6. To foster international badminton links
7. To engage seamlessly with the wider badminton community in London and the South-East
8. To promote and deliver coaching excellence
9. To create a committed team of professionals and volunteers with a winning remit
10. To provide a home for badminton to be played and enjoyed